How can this happen and yet nobody know?
Domestic Abuse – What Everyone Should Know is a drama/ documentary highlighting the experience of Rachel, whose years of suffering at the hands of her partner finally comes to light after she is the victim of a brutal and sustained assault.
The film explores the key issues through interviews and statements from the people closest to her. It covers:
* The factors that cause and sustain domestic abuse;
* How to recognize it;
* What we all can and must do to address it.
As ably demonstrated in the film everyone has a role to recognize and take action to eradicate
Domestic Abuse – What Everyone Should Know is therefore suitable for a very wide audience,
* Professionals working in the field (as an introduction);
* Other professionals who may in the course of their work come into contact with
Domestic Abuse (Health Workers, Social Workers, Probation Officers, Police Officers,
Fire Fighters, Council Workers, Teachers);
* Members of the general public.